Roy Lachica, M.Sc.
System developer and data analyst
From Norway, born in 1975.
Primary field of interests AI, Machine learning, Web 3.0, Systems thinking, Knowledge Management, Systemic Innovation and Collective Intelligence.
Skills & Expertise:
Business Intelligence, Analysis, AI, Machine learning, Systems development, Product management, Application development, Engineering, Concept development,
Data governance, Open Data, Semantic technologies, Social Media, Collaborative online systems, Problem solving, Requirements gathering,
Workshop facilitation, Strategic planning, Systems design, Research and development, Software Testing.
- Senior data analyst at Virke, 2022-present
- Senior developer/data analyst at Norstat, 2015-2022
- Senior developer/project lead/analyst at Induct Software AS, 2012-2015
- Senior developer at Webnodes, 2011-2012
- Consultant at Bouvet, 2007-2011
- Advisor and senior developer. Medical Informatics. Rikshospitalet University Hospital, 2005-2007
- Lead web-master, department of telemedicine, Radiumhospitalet (Comprehensive Cancer Centre), 2004-2005
- Self-employed manager of webdevelopment firm Hyposoft, 2002-2008
- Consultant, software engineer, Osiris data AS, 1998-2002
- Master of Informatics 2007 UIO/IFI University of Oslo. Part time.
- Bachelor in computer science 1999 HIO/IU Oslo University College, faculty of engineering.
- Electronics and computer hardware technician 1996, Sofienberg Technical School (teknisk fagskole).
Selected publications and presentations
- Lachica, R. (2009). Social Semantic Web and Ontology Design. (Pdf)
Guest lecture at IFI, University of Oslo.
- Lachica, R. (2008). Manifesto Prospectus Omniscious Commodum (DRAFT) Requirements specification for Web3.0 Complex problem solving service.
Draft manuscript Knowledge Federation 2008.
- Lachica, R. and Karabeg, D. (2007). Towards holistic knowledge creation and interchange Part I:
Socio-semantic collaborative tagging.
Proc. Third International Conference on Topic Maps Research
and Application, Leipzig. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Springer: Berlin.
- Metadata Creation in Socio-semantic Tagging Systems (Pdf)
TMRA 2007 conference presentation.
- Quality, relevance and importance in Information Retrieval with fuzzy semantic networks (Pdf)
TMRA 2008 University of Leipzig LIV series post-proceeding Paper.
- Knowledge Federation as a Principle of Social
Organization of Knowledge Creation and Sharing (Pdf)
Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Knowledge Federation, Dubrovnik, Croatia, October 20-22, 2008.
Other hobby projects
Other community work
Facebook: Roy Lachica
Last changed: July. 2012